Updated May 10, 2018
WHO IS AREA101 INC.?
Data held within our solutions is controlled and managed by the licence holder. Area101 does not use any personal data for its own benefit or purposes. Area101 does not use any personal data for marketing purposes, nor will Area101 Inc. ever sell your data to a 3rd party.
- Area101 Inc. supply, host and support the software used to place, manage and invoice online orders for catering and other business services. The software is leased under licence to your organisation, or the appointed catering/service provider used by your organisation.
If at any time you would like to delete all of your personal data from our systems, please contact the Licence Holder using the information supplied on the “Contact Us” page. Alternatively, our Customer Support Team (email@example.com) are available to assist.
You have the right to register a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office / Data Protection Agency if you not satisfied with the way Area101 Inc. or our Licence Holder is dealing with your request.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA IS CAPTURED?
Area101 Inc. solutions DO NOT request any Sensitive Personal Data (such as race, political opinions, religious beliefs, physical or mental health conditions, trade union associations, sexual preferences, offences or criminal background).
- Upon registration for a “buyer” account within our solution, your will have been asked to provide your name, work address, telephone number, email address. This information is needed by your service provider/caterer to fulfil your order. You may update your contact details at any time via the My Account screens.
Allergy information and special dietary requirements (such as Vegan, Halal etc) may optionally be supplied to the service provider via comments attached to a particular order and is needed by appointed catering team to deliver an appropriate service. These comments are not directly held against the Buyers personal data record. As the Buyer is representing a group of anonymous eaters, the allergy or dietary information could apply to any one or multiple individuals of the group (including the buyer themselves).
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
(1) LICENCED ADMINISTRATOR USERS – assigned by the licence holder. These may include catering teams, chefs, finance staff, operations, management and any other nominated administrative user that is involved in service delivery. These are the primary users of the data and have full responsibility for handling the data according to the principles of the GDPR. Please contact the licence holder if you would like to understand how they will be using your data.
- The data can be accessed by:
(2) AREA101 INC - for the purpose of providing technical and customer support services and processing any service requests on behalf of our licence holder where a premium support service plan is in place. Our customer support teams are based in the UK and USA.
WHERE IS THE DATA HOSTED AND HOW LONG IS IT RETAINED?
Unless requested by the licence holder, your data will remain in the Area101 hosted solutions until the licence is cancelled. At which point, all data is deleted from our systems. If the licence is later renewed, you will need to register for a new buyer account by completing the online registration form.
- The application and data for all UK, Ireland and EU clients is hosted by Rackspace in the United Kingdom, who are certified to ISO27001, ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHAS19001 standards.
You may edit your own data using the My Account screens, or request edits/removal of your data by the Area101 Customer Support Team via emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Area101 Inc. solutions use session cookies; which are temporary cookies that identify and track users within our websites, applications or services. These session cookies are deleted when you close your browser or leave your session in the application. Sessions are set to automatically time-out after 30 minutes of inactivity after which time the cookies are deleted. Session cookies are not used for any kind of analytics or user tracking outside of the Area101 Inc. application.